Wednesday, October 04, 2006

vanity

Last Saturday. Off on a date. A proper one. With a fair chance of getting an invite in for coffee. So I decide to make a bit of an effort.


Shower. Think a little more about clothes even than usual. Clean teeth. Shave, even though I didn’t actually, by my normal standards, need one. And, of course, I cut my self. Just on the collar line. A neat line of small nicks. Not enough to really bleed for any length of time, but enough to ensure any shirt I wore would rub just enough to open them up and get bled on.


I pondered this event, and came to a few snap conclusions:

1. I am mystified why anyone would choose to shave more than is absolutely necessary, and doubly so why I still do. This requires more thought.
2. I decided to wear my home shirt, as we were playing that day. If that caused things to go badly ( and I had no reason to believe that it would, and I was right) then so be it. No point pretending to be someone your not.
3. If I’m going to shave, I must shave tactically, to reduce the occasions of razor use to a minimum.
4. Shaving is best done some time before, liken the night before, you want to appear shaved. If sandpaper is a problem, you can always claim to grow stubble very fast, before ‘fessing up to the truth.
5. It might just be possible that our squad rotation policy needs limiting a little.

No comments: